Campus Clothing Privacy Notice
Campus Clothing knows that you care how information about you is used and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This notice describes our privacy and GDPR policy.
The government's new data protection requirements (GDPR) require that we inform you of our lawful basis for holding and processing your data. We deem our lawful basis to be legitimate interest.
Your University/Establishment (data controller) has provided us, Campus Clothing, (data processor) with your name in order that we can produce artwork to print garments bearing your name and those of your fellow graduates.
If you supply your data while making an online order, or by placing an order at your graduation ceremony, Campus Clothing (controller) will collect and store this data in order to progress your order.
We may share your details with those affiliates and companies directly involved with the production of your order (data processors). We will not sell your data to another party, nor use it for marketing purposes other than to offer you any relevant surplus stock updates from your graduation event.
We only take and store your information so that we can fulfil your order, to provide excellent customer service while your order is being processed and to deal with any queries, should they arise. We may use your details to contact you by post, email or telephone but only in relation to an outstanding order or business transaction you have with us.
If you have removed your permission for your establishment to provide us with your name or to Campus Clothing processing your data, we will be unable to produce a garment bearing your name. However, you are still able to purchase a garment from your university graduation ceremony, although your name will not be included on the garment.
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights concerning your data that is held by us:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling
If you wish to contact us regarding any of the above points you can do so at any time by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on: 0333 3403 474.
If you are not happy with the way your data is being processed, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, eg: The ICO.
We will hold your data on file for a period of one year, after which time it will deleted, unless there is an on-going query with your order. We will hold our artwork, featuring your name only, for a period of 20 years, in order that replacement garments can be ordered in the future and for us to satisfy alumni requests. You can request that your name be deleted from our artwork at any time and it will not appear on any future reprints of garments. It will, however, still appear on those garments sold to customers and on the small amount of stock of your year's graduation garments that we hold.
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided or gathered by Campus Clothing is controlled by Campus Clothing.
Collection and Use of Personal Information About Customers?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experiences with us. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments and communicate with you about your order.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information you give us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way for a period of 1 year after which time it is permanently deleted.
- Automatic information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Campusclothing.co.uk. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. However, we will not be able to provide you with a personalised experience if we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that these tools are available
What about cookies?
- Cookies are alpha-numeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide the necessary features that help us process your order.
Does Campus Clothing share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share information only as described below and with any subsidiaries of Campus Clothing. These control are subject to this Privacy notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Businesses we do not control: we do not share information with any business that is not under our direct control.
- Universities, Colleges and Event Organisers: information is not generally shared with these bodies but may be used to assist in ensuring that a name is correctly displayed on any personalised item ordered in conjunction with these.
- Agents: we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's new GDPR Legislation.
- Business transfers: as we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Campus Clothing, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
How secure is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software. This encrypts information you input.
- For payments taken at events we use Zettle, also a secure well known payment processing company. Details of their security measures are here: https://www.izettle.com/gb/card-readers/secure-payments
- Our web servers where we store the information gathered for orders also conforms to an extremely high level of security. Details of this can be given on request if relevant.
- For payments taken at events we use password protected order tablets which are stored behind the sales desks in a safe place. All of our staff have been trained to safeguard these assets and after each day the data is uploaded onto our servers and then removed from the order tablets.
- Our office staff also sign out of their PC's at the end of the day. The office is locked and any back up data is stored in a secured back up device.
What Choices Do I Have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or take advantage of available features.
If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please contact us.
You can choose not to receive cookies on to your computer. Please see section above "What about cookies".
For our full Terms & Conditions, Click here.
Last amended 02/11/2022, Data Protection Officer, Campus Global Ltd, Unit 29, 3 Blick Road, Heathcote Industrial Estate, CV34 6TA